Glycin Propionyl L-carnitine
GPLC powder Bulk
Synonyms:Glycin Propionyl L-carnitine hydrochloride;Propionyl-L-carnitine chloride glycinate;Glycine propionyl L-carnitine
Melting point: 208-212 C
Appearance: White crystalline powder
Shelf life: 2 years
Storage: Well sealed ,Kept in a cool and dry place
GPLC or Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine is a bonded form of propionyl-L-carnitine (PLC) and amino acid, glycine. Knowing that carnitine plays a major role in muscle functions, GPLC (Glycocarn) then can do a lot in the body especially in the health and muscle building and nowadays, there are more potential effects of this product on human’s health which the researchers are still finding and one of which is having anti-oxidants properties. There are a lot of benefits GPLC can offer, not only to those who want to build muscles but also to those who want to stay young and healthy.
Glycin Propionyl L-carnitine - GPLC Benefits:
1. It fights free radicals and also prevents lipid peroxidation. With the combination of propionyl-l-carnitine and glycine, it became more potent compared to the pure PLC. Oxidation process occurs when fatty acids enter the mitochondria, that causes the production of waste products like free radicals. Through this process, the Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine molecule is broken down while glycine is also processing to respond to the resulting free radicals which interfere with physical performance and give greater fatigue in skeletal muscles.
2. According to studies, Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine supplementation resulted in the rising of plasma nitrates and nitrites
which only shows that GPLC can increase blood flow which is good for athletes for energy endurance and fast recovery and growth of muscles due to fast delivery of nutrients. Through better delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles, nitric oxide helps in the removal of lactic acid and other waste products from muscle tissue.
3. GPLC plays an important role in the energy production and healthy metabolism. It influences positively the muscle’s
ability to store glycogen which is very important in metabolism and it helps transform substances into energy.
4. GPLC is also important in the heart. Why? Because this amino acid GPLC aids in fat-burning to convert it to energy and
sustain nitric oxide production which is responsible for the increase of blood flow to active tissues in the body especially the heart.
5. GPLC easily enters the cellular membranes and it is found most concentrated on lean muscles. Due to this reason, it
directly assists in the production of cardiovascular energy and makes the cardiovascular system function better.
Glycin Propionyl L-carnitine - GPLC Dosage:
According to some studies, when they take in GPLC in a higher dosage their power was negatively affected. That is why, it is recommended to consume at least 4.5g in a single dose. For the athletes and muscle builders, it is advisable to take it 90 minutes prior to your work-out. There is no official daily intake for this supplement.
This is not supposed to be used by pregnant and nursing mothers, people with seizures and with hypothyroidism for it might worsen it though there is no evidence yet for it.
Also, don't mix Glycine propionyl-L-carnitine with Acenocoumarol (Sintrom) and Warfarin (Coumadin) for it can increase the effects of Sintrom and warfarin, which is to slow down blood clotting that may lead to bruising and bleeding.